If you are a non-profit or community-based organization elevating community power in the pursuit of social justice and health equity, we want to hear from you!
Root Change, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is launching an initiative to generate learning between groups focused on community power and health equity issues across the US and worldwide. The primary objective of this initiative is to support organizations in expanding their constituencies, exercising collective power, and exploring innovative approaches to achieving impact through a global learning exchange partnership. We seek to answer the question, “How can we identify and contextualize innovative ideas from beyond our borders to advance health equity in the United States?”
We welcome applications from non-profit and community-based organizations that are actively contributing to social justice and health equity in their communities. Eligible organizations should demonstrate a commitment to leveraging community power to develop, sustain, and grow an organized base of people who act together to set agendas, shift public discourse, influence decision-making, and cultivate mutual accountability to change systems and advance health equity.
- Three phases spanning 2.5 years
- Virtual and in-person learning exchanges
- Connect with global community power groups
- Groups will receive small grants to cover their participation
Application Guideline & Process
To apply for the program, please complete and submit this application form by May 12, 2023.
Applicants will be asked to provide background information about their organization and provide details on why they want to participate in the program.
An internal review committee will evaluate applications and will be striving to select a diverse group of organizations. Applications will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
- Deeply community-engaged
- Innovative approaches
- Advocating for systems change
- Commitment to social justice and equity
- Desire for deep learning
- Commitment to health equity
Post Award Process / Program Timeline
- Online kick-off session: Successful applicants will attend an online session to begin their participation in the program.
- Introduction video: Participants will create and share a short video describing their organization’s work to be shared with fellow participants.
- In-person Orientation Session: A multi-day in-person session will take place during the last two weeks of July (specific date TBD).
- Additional events: Future events will be scheduled based on group consensus to ensure the best possible experience for all participants.
Please see here for complete program description and full details of selection criteria.
If you have any further questions about this opportunity, please to contact Meg Bearor at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also invite you to attend our virtual information session on Thursday, May 4th at 3:00pm Eastern Time, where you’ll be able to learn more about the program and have your questions answered by our team. Zoom link for information session.
Please use the following link to the application.
Only completed, submitted applications received by 11:59 pm on May 12th will be considered. Please reach out if you have any questions. Thank you!